Is it realistic to live in a tent in the forest?

I've come to the conclusion, it it simply not

worth living in Los Angeles. Between all

the traffic, and companies that pay half of

what you need to live on...I'm surprised I

haven't shot myself by now.

I'd like to run away to the forest. I've been

trying to teach myself how to stop eating

food and live off the Holy Spirit so I don't

have to forage. I guess my main-concern is

the freezing-cold. Do 10-degree sleeping-bags

really work?

Are there counties in Northern California

where this is still possible? Advice Please.

Favorite Answer

If you do that your VERY likely to die! I am a christian and I have decades of wilderness survival experience and training. My uncle was a Col. Green Beret who taught me survival skills that his men had to know to survive. I spent an entire winter alone in a hand made shelter with nothing but a tarp, rope and strings using the local materials such as branches, tree bark and leaves. This was in the mountains of Idaho near the "river of no return". Despite my training and a sleeping bag rated for -40 below zero, parka and winter clothes I almost froze to death. And I was skin and bones come spring despite eating all I could find, trap, shoot or gather. So if you try this you WILL die. Listen to what others are telling you here about stupid cults that tell you the Holy Spirit is going to feed you. Not going to happen! God gave us a free will to do as we wish so we can be stupid as we want or as smart as we want. Doing what you said is NOT smart.

Now to get out of that human cesspool of California. I moved there and worked construction and saw it was a unholy mess so I moved out! To get out requires two things; determination and money. You could work as a farm laborer and camp out with the other farm laborers who are mostly latino. You save all you can, eat a healthy diet then buy a bus ticket and get out of Cali. Starving causes the brain to malfunction where you can no longer reason things out. I was talking to myself after 6 months in the wilderness because of that. You need to eat NOW!! There are many nice places you could move to that dont get below zero, that have good jobs, low taxes and reasonable rent. Fasting now and then IS good for you, eating nothing is BAD for you! You do not have the skills to survive 'off the land'. And even if you were an expert you will still have a very difficult time! Living in a tent near L.A. makes you a target for gangs, killers, mountain lions, black bears, wild dog packs and it puts you in danger of forest fires.

You really cant reason this out until you eat well for a few weeks and DROP that insane cult starvation crap! Good luck. You sure need it!

• Joe

Depends on what you want the outcome to be. Go watch Into The Wild. It's about a guy that did that very thing. True story. That will answer your question. And how !!

Dont test our Lord, He didnt gave you life to risk it foolishly. You should choose, either you have wife and kids in the community (city, village etc), and try to fight your inner sinful ego, or go to orthodox christian monastery alnd live with brethen or in solitude somewhere in nature praying like true orthodox monks. Tip: see orthodox christian monks (russian greek serbian bulgarian romanian...) they have special order called desert monks who live all there lives in wild in solitude with God. Maybe ur feeling is that path you need to choose. Remeber, orthodox christianity! The real one, like Saint John who lived in desert and ate wild honey.

• Derek

You might feel safer in a tent in the forest around the Los Angeles district (given all those earthquakes) but it only takes one tree bough crashing down on your tent and you'll be as dead as you would with a concrete floor falling on you. And don't forget the wild-fires that destroy forests...

But of greater concern are your Bretharian leanings; that cult which claimed you didn't actually need food to survive.That cult was exposed as evil when followers started dying of starvation. All there trip about holy spirit was devilish. I've read articles about them (around the 1980s I think) and the monstrous claims they made. You sound as if you are lured into a similar cult.

Get real and stop trying to run away from yourself and reality. Get down on your knees and pray to God, in the name of Jesus Christ, to be led by the Holy Spirit who was sent into the world by Jesus, before he returned to heaven.The Breatharian cult is satanic.

Don't worry about the cold, mate

The bears, wolves, and the big cats are what'll get you.

~

That's can happening.

for about a month you can. You will have at most 2 months. I recall seeing once that someone lived 2 months without eating before they starved to death, but that was with water.

So, if you start late in the spring when the weather is warm, you should easily live out the rest of your life without food, and without worrying about cold weather.

If someone does it can't be unrealistic.

Can anyone do this today? Don't forests belong to someone? Is there anywhere on planet earth that doesn't belong to someone? ;-(

Or you can just work, save up, but you an RV and live in it