small
Lv 7
small asked in SportsCricket · 5 months ago

Did Pak fail to make Semifinals of world cup because India deliberately lost against England.... do you accept this excuse?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No. First, I don't accept the 'lost on purpose' argument. It was a very close game. England had the better day that day. But even had India 'thrown' the game, it couldn't guarantee the outcome we saw. Too many abandoned matches that might have made a difference, had they been played, to make that claim. India could have won that game and if Sri Lanka had won both of its games that weren't played, they would be sitting on 12 points and Pakistan would be right where they are, still out. England would also be out.

• 5 months ago

No.They could have also lost to Bangladesh and out of tournament earlier.

• Jezz
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

No I dont think India would do that

• 5 months ago

I believe India had a bit to do and chose to save them selves for the semis where it really matters

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

No i just believe England and Australia were the better teams when they played against India and NZ.

Pakistan played really good but the game against WI is what pretty much destroyed their chance at getting into the semis.

Best of luck to India, England, NZ and Australia.

• 5 months ago

Silly to even consider this seriously

• small
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

A Pak expert said so openly and plenty of Pak fans believe it to be true !!
      This is what happens when the team starts regressing !! The usual formula will apply..... change the captain.... sad state of affairs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.