Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 7 months ago

Tokyo: What is with the women offering massages?

I am vacationing in Tokyo, and something I notice is that in some areas, I'll have women coming and pestering me to come to their massage parlor. My first guess was that it was codespeak for me to follow them to a hotel room sex. However, I read that prostitution is illegal in Japan...so now I'm confused, because I don't think they'd be that brazen to offer something illegal out in the open.

I know damn well they are after something more than a massage client at 2:30 in the morning....what is it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Run the other way , unless you have a lot of money ...

Most of these women aren't even Japanese .

They're Chinese , Korean , Filipino ,and Thai ...

Beware of the Yakuza ...

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Japanese is a very immoral country. They just hide it well.

• 7 months ago

I guess it's quasi-prostitution under the name of massage.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Prostitution is illegal in most developed countries, but there are ways around it. Those "massage parlours" are one. Officially, you are paying for a normal massage, and therefore it is completely legal. If they decide to also give you a little "bonus", for no additional charge, then that's their business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • T
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

They are Chinese. Sometimes they are the victims of human trafficking, debt-ridden by the Yakuza. Wherever you find them, it's a tell-tale sign that you are in a district where most businesses are operated by the yakuza. Never follow them. They'll rip you off or even worse. Been there done that.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

a massage with a "happy ending"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.