Will a 2tb 2.5 inch firecuda fit in a fractal design microATX Case the same as a 2tb 3.5 inch firecuda? (Please help I’m a cpu noob)?

I’m about to build on a fractal design microATX case but I’m unsure what to do about a drive, I see firecudas are 2.5-3.5 inches but I don’t know if a 2.5 inch will fit in the drive gate. The 2.5 inch is cheaper than the 3.5 but they’re supposed to do the same thing I’m just curious as to whether or not a 2tb firecuda 2.5 inch will work like a 2tb firecuda 3.5 inch in my tower without additional purchases to compensate for the size difference there would be inside the drivegate.

Best Answer

It would be for the best if you studied the parts a little more before making the plunge into building a PC. This will prevent potential mistakes and help you spot parts that are a bad value, like the GTX 1060 or an H310 motherboard.

A 2.5" drive is typically for a laptop, but most SATA based SSD's are in a 2.5" form factor. You can buy a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter bracket on amazon for $3-$6

You will want to stay away from the 2.5" Firecuda drive and even the 3.5" Firecuda drive is questionable. Aside from that Seagate has the regular 7200rpm Barracuda and then they have the 7200rpm Barracuda Pro which has slightly better read and write speeds. The Firecuda is more like the regular Barracuda except it has a little bit of Flash Memory that commonly used files and programs will get loaded to, which helps speed up load times.

The Fractal Design Define Mini supports up to 6x 3.5" drives and it has removable HDD cages. All you will need to fit a 2.5" drive in securely is a adapter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3akLvshwz4

Youtube thumbnail

shows a 2.5 inch HDD in a spot where a 3.5 HDD is normally fitted.

You don't capitalize "fractal design" so I have to assume that is a brand name for the box. Is this yours? https://www.newegg.com/black-fractal-design-meshif...

It is only "micro-ATX" case I find at Newegg.

Source(s): Contact Fractal Design support for how your drive would fit and where in the case you have or will get.