Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 7 months ago

My grandfather served in the french army during WWI and was injured. Can i get french citizenship ?

My grandfather served in french army for 4 years and was injured . He died in 2009. My grandmother still get finicial support from french goverment until this day. We have all the certificates that he was a soldier and got injured. So my question is are we able to get french citizenship im 22 male from tunisia ?

• NWIP
    Favorite Answer

Serving in the French Army during WW1 and your grandmother getting a pension doesn’t mean he was a French citizen. The only way you could be one is if at least one parent was French.

Your grandmother gets military widows' benefits only. Even she is not entitled to or eligible to apply for French citizenship. Your grandfather was not a citizen of France, and none of his offspring are eligible for French citizenship. You're a Tunisian citizen only.

of course not

what have you ever done?

Wow! Way to leave out a ton of important details.

Were you born in France? Are your parents French Citizens?