Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 5 months ago

How do you avoid scratching front bumper of a low car when going into a downhill dip?

I just bought a car that is very low. I'm to raise it soon so don't give me the annoying lame answer of "Raise your car", but for now, how do you avoid scratching when approaching a downhill dip? When going uphill, I hardly ever scratch the car going in diagonally at an angle. However, when I try approaching the downhill dip, such as exiting a driveway, even though I approach at an angle slowly, I often scratch my car. Is there a better way to do this? Say I'm making a right turn, should I stay far to the left, then slowly approach it at an angle hitting the left front wheel first? Any tips/tricks?

• zipper

You slow down for one. And buy a better car for number two.

just before you get to the dip PRESS THE GAS ALL THE WAY DOWN the front of your car will raise up and go over it.

My brother goes in an S- like way to avoid dips or speed bumps. I think that a what you have to do. Look on youtube

Bohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Short answer, you CAN'T avoid it without avoiding driving where it happens.

Choose your route carefully or stick to race tracks. You're going to have fun if you drive in an area of speed bumps

• don r

You might go slow and avoid scratches unless your car is too low for that to work. You need to build a curb ramp on your driveway. If you don't know how to make turns without hitting the curb, get someone to teach you. Perhaps backing into the driveway is better for you if you at least have that much skill. Having taller profile tires can help, or just park parallel on the street until you fix your car. Right now, you have two physical conditions that will not change by just talking about them.

• KaleyK

What you're working with is "approach angle". That's the maximum angle of an obstancle onto which a vehicle can climb from a horizontal plane without interference. You cannot avoid the physics. All you can do is avoid the obstacle.

Basic physics is working against you.

• Mark

Two ideas: "drive slow in these areas" and "avoid such hills" and if one of those dips is in your driveway, park the car on the street...