When it comes to Star Wars sequels, who did it worse: George Lucas or J.J. Abrams?

Favorite Answer

Really, both had aweful points -- though I find Lucas' newer works as less entertaining. The relationship between Hayden and Natalie was cringeworthy. The lines were terrible, the chemistry was terrible, Jar Jar Binks was terrible, the motivation for Skywalker becoming Darth Vader was terrible.

The new movies broke established rules, and I think that's what irked fans the most, if not for the other issues. However, I didn't find that it lacked entertainment value. But it's too bad, they really made some poor choices in the film. I have no problem with any of the actors... it's just the script. I'm not hardcore fan by any means though... I've watched the old Star Wars movies, like other people have, but it never captured me as it has with others. The big turn off to me, is portraying God as a force, and all the gnostic New Age stuff.

Abrams. How can Lucas ruin his own movie?

Definitely Lucas. His prequels were bad on every level. They were also dull and cringe-worthy. They had no redeeming qualities.

• Jeff

J.J. Abrams but the prequels Lucas did weren't good either

• Jamie

George Lucas with his prequels

• ?

To me, both of these directors were great.

J.J. Abrams for sure

• Sandy

Lucas. he picked Hayen Christansen to play Anniken Skywalker. WORST ACTOR EVER!!!