When it comes to Star Wars sequels, who did it worse: George Lucas or J.J. Abrams?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Really, both had aweful points -- though I find Lucas' newer works as less entertaining. The relationship between Hayden and Natalie was cringeworthy. The lines were terrible, the chemistry was terrible, Jar Jar Binks was terrible, the motivation for Skywalker becoming Darth Vader was terrible.

The new movies broke established rules, and I think that's what irked fans the most, if not for the other issues. However, I didn't find that it lacked entertainment value. But it's too bad, they really made some poor choices in the film. I have no problem with any of the actors... it's just the script. I'm not hardcore fan by any means though... I've watched the old Star Wars movies, like other people have, but it never captured me as it has with others. The big turn off to me, is portraying God as a force, and all the gnostic New Age stuff.

• 2 years ago

Abrams. How can Lucas ruin his own movie?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Definitely Lucas. His prequels were bad on every level. They were also dull and cringe-worthy. They had no redeeming qualities.

• Jeff
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

J.J. Abrams but the prequels Lucas did weren't good either

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jamie
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

George Lucas with his prequels

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

To me, both of these directors were great.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

J.J. Abrams for sure

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Lucas. he picked Hayen Christansen to play Anniken Skywalker. WORST ACTOR EVER!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.