Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 11 months ago

Why do I keep getting referred to new places?

I feel like this is an never ending vicious cycle.

Firstly, I got advised to see my GP, who referred me to the crisis mental health team, then from them, they decided that they didn’t want me then referred me to another organization and that organization referred me back to the crisis team, and the crisis team decided to just ask me to see my GP again and my GP decided to talk to the teams that kept referring me back and forth.

Now I’m waiting to be referred somewhere new. I am not known to have any mental health issues, however, I’ve been known to cause threats and being involved w police and courts.

Favorite Answer

Your doctor should be able to refer you to your local Community Mental Health Team (CMHT), who will be able to offer you an appointment and assessment after being placed on the waiting list. Once on their books, you will have access to the crisis team when your local CMHT centre is closed.

Normally, GPs will only refer you to the crisis team if there is a threat of immediate danger (to yourself, or by you to others). Obviously I do not know the circumstances of why you have visited your GP seeking help, but I can guess that the crisis team did not see you as an emergency therefore there wasn't anything they could do for you at the time - They are basically an emergency response unit dedicated to mental health.

Being in trouble with the law before should not affect your current referral HOWEVER threats and such will not be tolerated by the CMHT. Also, Ravenhill is correct by pointing out the mental health system is struggling in the UK.

Good luck, hopefully this has given you some insight!:)

Oh, you're an antisocial personality disorder...a sociopath.

No wonder you keep getting referred!

You don't need a crisis team, you need a long term psycho therapy with a competent and licensed mental health professional who works with criminals. You need to learn new and better coping skills to stay out of jail.

• martin

Apparently these medical people are familiar with your background, and none of them has the courage to take you on as a patient, due to the police and courts who might require the doctor to fill out forms or do other things that would mean more work. Maybe alternative medicine or a free clinic could help.

• its because the system is struggling in britain at the moment.