How can I detox my lungs from smoking?

I should tell you that I smoked for 3 and a half years and right now I feel like my lungs are poisoned because of the plants and chemicals that cigarettes have. Right now I am laying down on a sofa and my lung feels like it's poisoned and I want to detox my lungs. I already quit smoking.

Yeah go out buy some cannabis and smoke it instead

you stop smoking.

IT can happen very quickly. When I quit, the first thing i noticed in about 3 days is everything smelled better.

After a few weeks I breathed better.

AND sorry to tell you but the damage is already done and does NOT repair itself. Every time I get a cold I get bacterial bronchitis which they tell me is due to pockets in my lungs from smokeing damage that hides and collects bacteria.

Quitting smoking is the first step, your body will detox itself.

Cardio exercise can help as it promote blood flow to the lungs.

After a while your lungs will be almost back to what a non smoker has, depending on time yousmoked it may be a little lower.

It's good you're quitting smoking. You didn't smoke for very long compared to most people. Your lungs will heal themselves given a bit of time.

• Tavy

You don't need to, the lungs will clean themselves. They are not poisoned, every time you breathe in diesel it's the same effect.

• Carson

Your lungs will heal.

I don't know anything outside of a machine a respiratory therapist uses for people with asthma. IDK if that would work.

Try breathing correctly filling your lungs to capacity on every breath all day, everyday. I know that will work.

It takes practice and you will slip. When you catch yourself shallow breathing start deep breathing.

I am a singer who smoked. My lungs were always clear on Xrays because of the way I breathed.