How can I detox my lungs from smoking?

I should tell you that I smoked for 3 and a half years and right now I feel like my lungs are poisoned because of the plants and chemicals that cigarettes have. Right now I am laying down on a sofa and my lung feels like it's poisoned and I want to detox my lungs. I already quit smoking.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yeah go out buy some cannabis and smoke it instead

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

you stop smoking.

IT can happen very quickly. When I quit, the first thing i noticed in about 3 days is everything smelled better.

After a few weeks I breathed better.

AND sorry to tell you but the damage is already done and does NOT repair itself. Every time I get a cold I get bacterial bronchitis which they tell me is due to pockets in my lungs from smokeing damage that hides and collects bacteria.

• 7 months ago

Quitting smoking is the first step, your body will detox itself.

Cardio exercise can help as it promote blood flow to the lungs.

After a while your lungs will be almost back to what a non smoker has, depending on time yousmoked it may be a little lower.

• 7 months ago

It's good you're quitting smoking. You didn't smoke for very long compared to most people. Your lungs will heal themselves given a bit of time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You don't need to, the lungs will clean themselves. They are not poisoned, every time you breathe in diesel it's the same effect.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Your lungs will heal.

I don't know anything outside of a machine a respiratory therapist uses for people with asthma. IDK if that would work.

Try breathing correctly filling your lungs to capacity on every breath all day, everyday. I know that will work.

It takes practice and you will slip. When you catch yourself shallow breathing start deep breathing.

I am a singer who smoked. My lungs were always clear on Xrays because of the way I breathed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.