What is most unfogetable trick of mistery novel?

• Zac Z
    Best Answer

Both answers are very good.

Agatha Christie is known for her clever constructions of murder mysteries. I've read somewhere that any possible twist can be found on one of her novels. (That's probably hyperbole but she really set the bar very high.)

I also second Dennis Lehane' Shutter Island. I found this book on the shelf of "holiday books" in a hostel when I was on vacation. I might have heard the name but was unfamiliar with the story (there's quite a good adaptation, not as good as the book, but still good that I also hadn't seen at that time). I grabbed the book and started reading.

There's a couple of mysteries that keep you guessing but when the final revelation (which I will not spoil, of course!) came, I was dumbfounded. At first, I thought it to be silly because it didn't match with some key scenes in the book. Or so I thought. I went back and read these scenes again, now in the knowledge of that final revelation, and I realized that in fact they WERE compatible. They are written in such a clever way that you are deceived by your own prejudices of what goes on.

This must be one the best, if not THE best, execution of such a double-reading that I've ever encountered.

Masterfully written.

If you don't know the story, read it!

• Zac Z

familiar you get with these phrases and you will understand what is said better and better! :-)

I didn't see it coming in Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. Lots of people claim they did, but I kind of doubt their word.

But would I spoil it by stating the twist? Nope.

It's a subjective question, but I think it's the one Agatha Christie pulled in "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd." I would spoil it by revealing it, but I'd say that Christie plays fair with the reader (I guessed it, but dismissed my own guess) and is very clever at concealing what she is doing.

• hiroshi4 months agoReport

3 persons are shepard, postman, secretary. If passed this infomation through, there won't be chance to recover. Agatha sets severe (I think too much) penalty.