Bharti asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 8 months ago

Any suggestions on resorts near Orlando and Tampa for families?

Most of the ones that I have found have only pools and golf courses which of course you have to pay to play a few hours. I was looking for one similar to Sandestin Resort where there is an adventure park for children and they provide benefits such as free rentals. Though it does not have to have as much as that resort but something similar would be well appreciated.

Parliament House in Orlando.

• MS

The Holiday Inn Resorts Orlando - Waterpark is a great family hotel. It used to be the Nickelodeon hotel. Lots of things for kids to do there.

There's a resort in Orlando that has its own water park and some other facilities. There is an extra fee for the water park however. It's called Westlake Resort. It's mostly condos, but they rent the units when the people aren't there. If you go through the sales presentation, you can get free tickets to other attractions. I've also been at hotels in Orlando where the pools had all kinds of slides and fountains and things that were like a water park. Take a look at the pictures of the pools. On the west coast, I once stayed at a place in Fort Myers that had its own lazy river, free for guests to use, and other facilities for kids.