Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 7 months ago

Any advice for a first time paintballer on how not to get bruises?

I'm new to paintball and I'm terrified of getting bruises. I know they give you a mask so my head is good, but for my body, if I wore this old wetsuit under say a hoodie and sweat pants would that be enough to prevent any bruises? Do I need gloves too? Thanks for your advice!!

https://i.imgur.com/YaYI4kg.jpg

• Phil

Don't get shot.

• Toruko

Quick learning curve; decide if stupid is worth the pain.

As one teacher I know said, "looks like ring worm". There are almost always few wannabe he-man crazies that go shirtless. To avoid ticks and humming... I mean mosquitoes I always just wear long sleeve camo and bug spray. On the other hand woods ball usually has a lot of shade. Occasionally when it gets hot I loose the long sleeves. The worst I get is an occasional bleeder from close range on bare skin. Hands can take a beating so you might want some gloves.

Speed ball players are often looking at preventing paint breaks and wear as many heavy layers as they can get away with. Keep in mind, the games are short and you can get away with it shedding the extra layers between games.

If you are going to play paintball, it is all part of the sport. Get used to it. Sometimes the ones that hurt the most are the ones that don't break.

Make sure you have water and stay hydrated. Here, weather is hitting around 90. It is easy to forget to listen to your body and get dehydrated. An emergency room stay isn't near as cheap as chugging a bottle of water now and then throughout the day.

• Carson

Wear several layers. The loser the better.

That wetsuit is gonna dehydrate you.

Don't get shot....or do not play paintball.

Peace.

Wear padding or multiple layers of clothes and gloves.If you wear a wet suit you will probably sweat to death..