South Africa and the rest of Africa?

So I was thinking about how America is always trying to “help” Africa. It’s advertised that there are several villages with no clean water, no food, and no education. But then I also got to thinking about how there are also a couple of countries in Africa that are certainly well off. South Africa and Egypt I know... show more So I was thinking about how America is always trying to “help” Africa. It’s advertised that there are several villages with no clean water, no food, and no education. But then I also got to thinking about how there are also a couple of countries in Africa that are certainly well off. South Africa and Egypt I know are big tourist spots. Don’t get me wrong, based on America’s past, we are kind of obligated to help Africa become stronger. But I’m still just so confused how so many countries are in despair, while they’re also surrounded by other countries that are prospering. Does S. Africa and Egypt just say screw them and collects their checks and that’s the end? Is it maybe a tourist ruse? (Keep a couple of worn down villages in the middle of a prospering city). Or maybe are we keeping these people weak? I just can’t wrap my head around this
7 answers 7