Constantly getting sick at new job?

I’m a teacher I took a job at a summer camp this summer. The place is NOT the cleanest place in the world. They only use Lysol wipes no bleach. They only clean the floors and toilets once a week on Friday’s. It’s actually quite disgusting. I’ve never used so much hand sanitizer in my life. I close the camp daily... show more I’m a teacher I took a job at a summer camp this summer. The place is NOT the cleanest place in the world. They only use Lysol wipes no bleach. They only clean the floors and toilets once a week on Friday’s. It’s actually quite disgusting. I’ve never used so much hand sanitizer in my life. I close the camp daily and I’m responsible for taking out bathroom trash and the regular trash. At one point they didn’t even provide me gloves to take bathroom trash out. Since starting there I’ve been sick EVERY WEEK. I’ve called out once a week for the past 3 weeks. It’s always the same a stomach bug. Now I have a nasty upper respiratory infection. I can’t call out today as I fear I’m going to be fired. I work with children year round teaching 2nd grade and I NEVER have gotten sick this much! I always worked last year at another summer camp and never got sick once!! Any suggestions on what to do? I feel absolutely TERRIBLE.
5 answers 5