Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 11 months ago

Do you think the rock music in da 90s had more substance than rock nowadays?

i didnt listen to roc k music in da 90s i was more of a hip hop kid but i got into rock in da 2000s....but ya nowadsys its mostly pop rock act s like imagine dragons, PATD, and greta van fleet taking over. but Radiohead, Nirvana, alice n chains Googoo dolls...ya they were kinda pop too buti feel they had more rock elements than pop, nowadsys i think itsswitched. but thats just my opi nion.

Favorite Answer

90s was the last best decade of the 90s. Not sure what the stupid f1ck above me is going on about but he is wrong.

Source(s): .56

Rock music of the 1950s had overall more substance, more thickness, more fiber and more presence than much of the music being called broadcast-worthy today, never mind the Rock music of the 1990s.

I don't think too many Top 100 songs these days approach the lyrical depth of hits by bands like Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Creed, Eiffel 65, Bush, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth and Limp Bizkit.

• Quato

Everything there was in the 90's is still around now, it's just that there's like a billion bajillion bands and it's virtually impossible to stand out, and if you try and sound like pearl jam you'll get called a copycat.

You mentioned Greta Van Fleet and I thought the type of person complaining that there's nothing like Led Zeppelin nowadays would actually like them

No, I think there is a lot of quality rock music these days.

Rock sucked in the 90s, it was the best in the 80s. It started dying by the late 90s, and officially died in the 2010s.