Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 months ago

why do you thin Amanda Knox lied about speaking Italian?

Update:

I have noticed that any american girls, especially middle class ones tell me they speak Italian, French, German, Spanish etc.. bc I speak English with no accent as well as those languages, but then when I speak to them they dont understand anything and struggle forming sentences and even figuring out how to respond.

Update 2:

this really happens with men. I have met american girls in Paris who go the American university in Paris and have for more than a a couple years and still cant speak it beyond ordering items of a menu or telling a taxi driver an address. this never happens with the american men I meet

Update 3:

thats bs Quentin. she claimed to seepak Italian Japanese and another foreign language before even traveling there. I know many girls who got away this on college and job admissions and socially. I think they just assumed other do t speak those languages. it happens about 1/3 of the time I meet a college girl or middle class girl just out of college

Update 4:

and wy do the me do it but not the women

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

She wants praise OH LOOK AT ME I CAN SAY A BELLISIMO MWAH MWAH!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

She has done an elementary introductory course. American courses are very rudimentary and it takes them a long time to learn anything. If they can say "hello" they say they can speak the language, whereas other people around the world will only claim to be able to speak a language when they are fluent. There is a lot of segregation in US society and a WASP can claim to speak some language and they will never meet someone for whom it's their mother tongue!

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.