How exactly did Russian ensure Trump's election?

Someone here answered an earlier question with "The sad truth: Russia ensured Trump's election"

How exactly did they do that? I mean, this gets right to the heart of the beliefs of some of our dem friends. I mean, if they did it, and we know they did it, we must know HOW they did it, right? Otherwise, we would not know that they did it....

So, how did they do that?

"Russia". Sorry....not "Russian".

Favorite Answer

They didn't.

Their stated goal was to sow discord amongst the American voter. They achieved that, but it was hardly a struggle. Eight years of Obama, we were already more politically divided than at any other time in American history, except for the Civil War.

I've said it for years now: Unless the Russians came in, bonked a 63 million Americans on the heads, tied them up in the basement, and went to vote in their stead, Russia had precious little to do with Trump's win or Hillary's loss. The American voter is the one who voted Trump into office, not the Russians.

What the Russians did is take out ads on social media. Those ads were so cunning and so clever that you couldn't tell that propaganda apart from any other piece of propaganda people received from Yahoo, Google, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, MoveOn.org, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

I didn't need any Russians to tell me what my opinion should be on the Hillary email thing. I didn't need any Russians to tell me what my opinion should be on Benghazi, or Uranium One, Pay to Play, Clinton Foundation. I mean really, all this snarky talk about Russia just tells you what Democrats think of their Republican countrymen: Too stupid to have opinions of your own. Too stupid to just call Hillary's scandals "no big deal." Too stupid to not be manipulated.

They all laughed and cheered as she called half the voting bloc "basket of deplorables." Half of that basket of deplorables she needed to vote for her in order to win. Who's the stupid one? The one who alienates voters you need, or the one who says, What have you got to lose?

• Rebecca

saying the "perpetrator of the disgusting video would be caught and brought to justice? Why did she not DEFEND AMERICA and honor those who fell defending America and Americans but instead lied to their families to their faces? Who could ever want such a digusting human being for POTUS after that?

If it had been serious then when Obama found it he would have put an end to it. He can give Putin some real hard looks and say "Knock it off!" like he means it.

Or perhaps he knew it was rigged for Hillary and did not want to disturb anything in case the subversion was either revealed or prevented?

No, the precise mechanism has never been forthcoming. All suggested ideas are very weak. They need to be convincing enough to overcome Hillary's $1.4 billion election budget.

Putin predicted war if Hillary won. And Hillary talked about going to war with Russia during the debates. So it's both their faults that Hillary lost.

liberals are whiners and master of the blame game

for example Country B4,..."My manipulating deplorable and stupid middle America into believing insane nonsense about Hillary"

this dumbfvck actually believes this and thought die hard republicans would actually vote for Hillary

ROFLMAO democrats are that fvcking stupid

• Lolly

Cheating at the polls. stealing data bases from the DNC, lying about Hillary Clinton and that is a partial list.

• Mike W

It's easier to blame the Russians than it is to admit that their candidate sucked, and talked down to the voters while trying to pander to them.

They made Hillary unelectable in the eyes of some voters, because of the email scandal and the hacked DNC emails. Negative campaign works. They discourage blacks from turning out to vote by supporting the black lives matter movement. They may have hacked some voting machines. The Wisconsin voting machines are notoriously easy to hack and it is one state that voted for Trump. i would not rule out Russian hackers changing the vote count in some states.

• David11 months agoReport

Hillary made Hillary unelectable.

Here you go. Primary sources for information are at the bottom under External Links.

• graphicconception

A few internet bots completely outclassed Hillary's election campaign? Really? Maybe she should save her money and just use them next time.

they somehow got Hillary to ignore entire states and got her and her followers to think that calling anyone who disagreed with them "stupid" without offering anything in terms of policy was a good idea....

By spreading the rumor that all salad dressing other than Russian salad dressing would be outlawed under Clinton's regime.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense but I was trying to think like a liberal.