Hey_Irish asked in TravelIrelandDublin · 8 months ago

Do you experience jealousy or prejudice from people from other parts of your country?

I'm from Dublin, it seems to be a trigger word for certain people from other parts of Ireland, which i find completely hilarious...how can you dislike someone who you have never met or known previously?, of all the assholes that are alive and living right now, they dislike people from Dublin, my county...Well tough **** lads, suck it up, we're great people, some of the funniest Irish people are from or came from Dublin, some of the most eccentric characters in Irish history came from Dublin -- i never hear anyone from Dublin giving out about people from another part of Ireland, ever. Now, i'm not saying i like everyone in Dublin either, in fact i cant stand a lot of people in Dublin, but that's life, you're never going to like everyone, but this whole irrational dislike of someone because they come from somewhere thing is really ******* stupid, i mean we might have most of the concerts and infrastructure, but i live in north Dublin, the government couldn't give a **** about where i come from...You should never look down on people from your own country like that, that's not cool, and its completely stupid. I'm aware that people from London get that kind of thing, and people from Paris.

The only problem I have with jackeens is they think there are only two counties in Ireland "Dublin and the country"

• Hey_Irish

There's over one million people in Dublin, until you've spoken to them all then you don't know that, and it doesn't make sense anyway.

• Orla C

LOL. Just something for you to think about: There's a world of difference between having the banter and actually disliking someone.

You've just expressed the reality behind it all in the attempt to quote a problem. People hate people from other places. It's the same for people outside of Dublin and the same for people inside it. This is the case throughout the globe. It's like a lower level of racism where you might hate the people from the next town over because they're just from the next town over. Perhaps separate premiere teams or something can be a cause. Though there could be easily hundreds of reasons for it. Human beings need something to hate to make themselves feel better. I got this very easily from your paragraph. You feel hate for people even inside Dublin and to deal with it by bringing up the thought that people might be jealous or hate you for being from Dublin. Personally I think London is a dump these days. Not because I hate Londoners but because it quite literally is such a dump that flats burn to the ground they're so outdated. I wouldn't want to live in a place where stabbings are starting to become fairly frequent. I believe in southern Ireland a few decades ago all hell was breaking loose because people were far to opinionated with their big egos. Maybe this is the stem for all their problems. They didn't want to be part of a group so in the end were given their own little spot in the EU. Ironically ending up as part of a group where now the UK has decided to leave again. Strayed off into politics a bit there. Nvm

nope, never ........................................................