Are there any currency exchange centers in transit location at the Sri Lankan Colombo airport?

Can I exchange currency during transit in Sri Lankan capital airport? Or is it only available after you clear customs?

Favorite Answer

I cant answer your question directly in regard to Colombo airport

However, as a fairly experienced traveler, I can offer some advice

Never, ever change money at the airport. The rates at all airports are terrible - a legal scam

the best place to change money is before you go (search a range of BdC's for the best rate) or after you have arrived at your destination

If you really have to change money at the airport, change a SMALL amount - enough to get you to your destination, and change there

If you are merely in transit, going to a different country, why bother to change? all the facilities inside airports take debit/credit cards

• many do. as I say, I cant comment directly on Columbo Airport, but - I think most (if not all) of the ones I have traveled through have BdC's usually in the same area/close to baggage reclaim

In the airport maybe...