Is it wrong to keep kids away from a child who's disability makes them act in a dangerous way?

My neighbors' son has some hyperactivity disorder. The problem is that if he becomes agitated, he acts without thinking. In the past he's shoved, punched, and even grabbed a kid in the neighborhood by the throat. I can appreciate that he cannot help the way he acts, but I am babysitting my sister's... show more My neighbors' son has some hyperactivity disorder. The problem is that if he becomes agitated, he acts without thinking. In the past he's shoved, punched, and even grabbed a kid in the neighborhood by the throat.

I can appreciate that he cannot help the way he acts, but I am babysitting my sister's two kids during the summer and I would rather avoid letting them play with this boy. My neighbors think I'm being mean and not understanding his disability, but to me my two nieces are way more important than anything else.