Christians, exactly how do you demonstrate to yourself and others exactly what Jesus does for you?

I can demonstrate he did nothing for me, since my life in the past 5 years without Jesus is identical to the first 25 years with him.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Pyrus
    Lv 6
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, your brain does far more than you can possibly comprehend, but as long as it works, who cares, right? Your soul works the same way. You don't really feel anything nor any different until it's too late to realize. Ironically speaking, it's actually pretty much the same thing that happens with us (negative things), such as heart attack, seizures, etc. In this case, it's something that no science can help you with. Quite the contrary, many try to dismiss it even to be a mere delusion.

So, what the heck am I trying to say? Well, just because you gave up on the idea that God exists (since it is a belief after all), it doesn't mean that He gave up on you. And maybe you didn't realize any big difference in your life, but I sure did when I decided to join the church. A lot has changed since then.

EDIT: So, how was I affected? Let's just say when I joined the church, it was around the time when I was about to fail my last year of school. I am so thankful that to get a degree here, you just have to pass a national exam, otherwise I would definitely have flunked with my bad grades (all because of that last year of school). So, despite all odds, I actually managed to get just enough points to pass, and consider that I have a degree that would allow me to enter university. And everything since then was looking better. Suffice to say, I turned from a last place student (school) to someone who graduated their masters in CCE with distinction. That university is now Number 1 in that major in Lebanon. (And just in case, Lebanon is number 4 in the world concerning education... Singapore being number 1.)

• Doug
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yet, things could be much worse.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Misty
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

They are showing you classic cases of delusion and a few are mentally ill.

• 8 months ago

Kids are funny. 5 years is a "real long time" for them. LOL!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jack
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Taking you question literally, I don't. I might demonstrate or share some of what Jesus does for me. But it certainly isn't all or exactly done. To err is human after al. See what I did there?

• That's cool. Some people can just believe he does things without evidence. I can't.

• 8 months ago

? How is it possible that its same?

Life turns around 365 after encountering Jesus.... if nothing changed that is a problem... because if nothing changes .. your the old you... and have not been born again.

• ...Show all comments
    • spongy8 months agoReport

@Susie Floozie does that make you feel better .... its ok you can let it all out. 😁

• 8 months ago

Well the biggest thing is that Jesus put a "don't want to" desire in my heart. For 40 years all I wanted to do was drink, and 25 years all I wanted to do was quit drinking. I spent most of my life in and out of A.A., jails and institutions. Then I ran out of any and all ideas and prayed to God to help me. That night I went to an A.A. meeting and found my sponser, He looked like the picture perfect outlaw biker. Turned out he was also an ordained minister, he helped me get right with God. Then gradually the desire to drink left and in it's spot is the desire to not drink. Now I could care less if all the alcohol in the world dried up and blew away because I can easily live without it.

• 8 months ago

You haven't breathed in 5 years...because every breath you get belongs to Him

but seriously

Besides showing me that you a a lame, pathetic loser.......how are you going to demonstrate he has done nothing for you?

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

What makes you think he's left you?

What is it you expected Jesus to do anyways? He's not your butler!

• 0 / 4 to answer.

I expected him to make any sort of difference whatsoever. FAIL,

• 8 months ago

You might have "abandoned" Him, but He's still with you. There's still hope for you.

• I see you can't/won't answer the question either. That's 0 / 3 to answer.

• Eli
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

I have so many things to tell you but i will expose my private life here and i dont want

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.