Can i be homeschooled in the uk without a profesional?

Can i be homesechooled in the uk by having a parent print out work for each subject and having me complete them?

what activities do i have to do for pe if any.

and how do i become homeschoole; do i have to tell the council, if so, would it cost money?

i need to know everything please

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There is no 'register' for home schooled children in the UK. If you are at school then your parents would need to send a letter of deregistration to the school who are then legally obliged to inform the LA and remove you from their register. 

You do not need to follow the National Curriculum, there is no set way you have to be taught, and there is no requirement for a professional to teach you. Your parents are legally required to ensure you receive a full time education suitable to your age and abilities only. 

It is for your parents to decide if you should be home-schooled and, if so, how they would like to do so. Costs vary depending on what you buy, use, or sign up for. But costs are offset by no requirement to spend out on uniforms, school bags, etc.

You may have to pay for any exams you take, although there is no requirement to take GCSE's at any time, some colleges take children from 14, or they could be take later alongside other qualifications. 

I realise this question has been here a while now but wanted to leave a more comprehensive answer for anyone else who comes across it with similar queries.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

No. There is little official tolerance for that sort of nonsense.

• Katie
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

99% of homeschooling is done by parents who have no teaching qualifications/experience.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

YOUR parents have to register with your Local Education Authority. You will be set work by them which you do at home. There is no fee or activities.

UK

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

some schools don't even need qualified teachers so I'm sure it isn't necessary for homeschooling but the national curriculum should be followed and the authorities need to be kept informed if you are registered at a school you have to attend by law.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.