Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 7 months ago

Annoying Recruitment days for jobs?

You know now when you apply for jobs and you get a call to come in for a recruitment day first then the interview after it on the same day. Why do employers do them? I find them really annoying and I don't get back to the employers now if they ask me to go to a recruitment day. I have been to so many and it's stupid games you need to play with other people wanting the job, they play like Simon says, 10 facts about you, 60 seconds to come up with 2 truths and 1 lie. What's your spirit animal and why. Musial statues lol Yes 27 year old and having to play kids games. I get that they do it as a social experiment to see how good you are at quick critical thinking skills, multitasking, or how you are under pressure etc But why don't they just give us a job trial and see how we get on doing the actual job instead of silly group games to test us. I never go to these recruitment days as I know what is coming and I don't wanna waste my time. Why cant employers just do interviews and give us trials to see us in action instead? Also what do you think of these recruitment day events?

They can't give you all job trials because it's against the law to let you work for free, so they would have to put everyone doing a job trial on the payroll, and it would be too expensive and too much paperwork.

• 7 months agoReport

Yeah but is it not free labor until you go over 3 hours? I'm sure it's like that in the UK

• nt

Because training new employees is expensive and they think those tests save them money.

• Judy

They don't have time to give every applicant training and a job trial.

When a company is hiring one or two individuals for a role, they don't have a recruitment day.

You aren't competing against the other individuals at the recruitment day. The company is going to hire many of you.

"I never go to these recruitment days as I know what is coming and I don't wanna waste my time"

And as a result you don't get hired from 100% of these positions.

Professional jobs don't have these "recruitment days"

So more to the question, why are you 27yo and still seeking entry-level or sub-entry level jobs? Don't you have enough entry level experience to be looking for something else now??

• A Hunch

Then you know that you don't to apply for corporate/chain restaurants because this the type of place where these recruitment events occur. But at the same time you probably don't want people doing job trials with you. If they are good = great. If they suck....

Because they want to sort the wheat from the chaff. They are looking for team players with good social/interpersonal skills.

These are group interviews and are a foot in the door. If you don't even attempt to get your foot in the door you will never get an individual interview.

Update: Companies don't have the time, the cash or the patience for job trials. They whittle the candidates down, interview the cream of the candidates and offer the most suitable person a contract with a probationary period. That was what we did when I was involved in recruiting and interviewing staff. That is the way I've always been hired.

• 7 months agoReport

I understand, but the best way to pick the right candidates is to get them all doing a job trial. Then you have your people from that. Not all jobs I apply for play these games but most do and it's annoying. People who are looking for work just want a simple process to the job, It's stressful enough