Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 7 months ago

Where else to go in Japan in November?

I have been to Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, and Hokkaido. I don't drive so somewhere that has a good public transport network will be preferred. Hope to have a nice blend of nature, culture, and food experiences. Thank you.

• Ben
    Favorite Answer

Almost everywhere in Japan has good public transport.

Anyway, the Fuji five lakes area (centred around Kawaguchiko), Nikko, Sendai, Okinawa, Nagoya, and Kanazawa are all well worth visiting. Maybe Hiroshima, too.

November is the autumn colors season, and it can be extremely beautiful. Don't miss it. There are many good places to see. Though the more popular places like some famous temples can get crowded.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014.html

• Toruko

The same thing I did on my first trip into Metro Detroit.

I ignored visitors services and walked the city from 8

Mile down to Jefferson. To meet the citizens as found.

Didn't find any opportunity to bow but my reader could.

I experienced no racial problems being a senior citizen,

wearing old clothing and camping gear. Nobody came

up to meet me after I camped atop the old Packard

Motors Plant. You probably won't find the Japanese

asleep on their rooftops either. Coincidence ?

What about Sapporo?

A few years ago I went up to Goshogawara and rode on the "stove train". I then toured the Shayokan as I am a Dazai buff. The Shayokan is worthwhile even if you aren't into Japanese literature as the home is a work of art in and of itself. You will get culture, nature and great food. Definitely go into the restaurant in Kanagai station and have Shijimi ramen. On the stove train, the conductor goes through the car and asks everyone where they come from to get the party stated. It's like being in an Ozu film. It's going slowly because of other commitments I have, but I am presently compiling a literary travel guide to Japan. Another spot on that list is Yuzawa. Yuzawa would actually be a good choice in November because the summer crowd will be long gone, but skiers won't be there yet so you kind of get the town to yourself as a tourist.

you should go to Tokyo! or else Yokohama, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, or Hokkaido.