laura asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 7 months ago

I am going to my first overnight camp in Michigan for 2 weeks.I am a 15 year old female from Chicago.Any tips and suggestions?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

don't do any drugs or other illegal activities.

dress appropriately for the weather. look a week ahead to get the forecast and plan accordingly. even if it's warm, a pair of jeans or two isn't a bad idea at night for bugs, same for a light jacket or hoodie.

make sure to eat breakfast in the morning. even if you don't feel hungry, it's better then going hungry until lunch.

drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. if you're going to be out in the sun a lot, wear sunscreen. bring a hat.

other than that, have fun! say hi to your camp mates and get to know them. just be your self and have a good time.

• Kyle
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

there should be a list from a chaperone or someone in charge of the camp out of stuff to bring too. so ask for that too.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Watch out for snipes.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Michigan's current adult black bear population is estimated at 14,000. There are almost 11,000 black bears in the Upper Peninsula and nearly 3,000 in the northern Lower Peninsula.

To ensure you are not attacked, it is recommended that you keep some snacks in your tent, such as peanut bars, (Snickers, Hershey) and maybe save a slice of your breakfast bacon.

A prowling bear may be distracted with these.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

bug spray and advil are must

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.