How can i protect this dress?

I am a 29 year old woman and it is my anniversary next week. I am married to my wife and we have been together since 2009, married in 2015, it is the anniversary of the time we met. I intend to cook my wife her favorite meal, also wear a nice dress, really planned a romantic meal. However the problem is, Her... show more I am a 29 year old woman and it is my anniversary next week.

I am married to my wife and we have been together since 2009, married in 2015, it is the anniversary of the time we met.

I intend to cook my wife her favorite meal, also wear a nice dress, really planned a romantic meal.

However the problem is, Her favorite dish is very messy to make, lots of source and things that could splash and really make a mess of clothes, so how can i protect the dress i plan to wear, but also cook my wife's favorite meal?