Susan asked in TravelUnited StatesDallas · 6 months ago

Is it true that Dallas is a racist city?

I plan to travel there, my mother is white and my father is black so I’m mixed. I’m not traveling alone. I’ll be traveling with a diverse group of friends.

Favorite Answer

I don't know where you got the idea Dallas is a racist city. Both the new mayor and police chief are black, but the city is mostly Latino with Anglos and Asians mixed in--and don't forget a large LGBTQ community. You shouldn't have any problems.

In the early 1920s, the city's chapter of the Ku Klux Klan once included one out of every three eligible men. ... When Dallas Was the Most Racist City in America ..... will relieve themselves of a suspicion that discredits them, whether true or false.

There are a lot of Mexicans in Dallas, and probably a lot of Middle-Easterners too.

• Ludwig

Are all the friends in your group diverse?

• Ludwig

I know someone from Dallas, and they most certainly couldn't be racist.

Who told you Dallas is racist? Lol.

I'm in the deep south of Texas and I can tell you blacks and white live happily along each other.