Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCamcorders · 6 months ago

Is it normal for camcorder battery to run out after 44 seconds of using night vision?

After being fully charged. Thanks.

It's brand new. Thanks. :)

• Sky

No. That sounds like the camcorder that's always used in the Outlast video game series. Take it back to the store, or if it's too long past purchase then buy a new battery or throw it out and get a new camera.

No. Get a Bell & Howell Night Vision HD 1080p camcorder it continuosly runs for 10 hours while you are charging it. But I think only for the life of the battery which is about 1 1/2 hours other wise.

If you didn't fully charge the battery, that is your problem. Fully charge it, wait until the charging light turns GREEN or goes out, and then it won't die unexpectedly. Maybe consider investing in a second battery just in case, and use an external charger too. I use two camcorders, and both have external chargers (due to a glitch, that stopped it from charging the battery when I connected the charger to the camera itself).

No try charging the battery if not see if the battery charger is broken, or the battery is gone out.

Something is defective.

• John P

I agree. Something must be wrong if the battery was truly fully charged. Take the whole outfit back to the store and complain.

New battery, what does that mean today? I suspect it could be a dud one. Did ya buy it orf a market stall M85? ;-(

If a fully charged battery is being discharged that quickly something's going to get very hot! Assuming that's not happening I'd replace the battery.

unless there is a short in the night vision somehow it should not reduce normal battery life more than say 50% (thats a MASSIVE reduction in power)

something is physically wrong with either the batteries or the camcorder

• SRΛSC

No. Way too quick either way.

that doesnt sound normal, maybe the battery is worn out, just not holding a charge. How old is the camcorder?