Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCamcorders · 6 months ago

Is it normal for camcorder battery to run out after 44 seconds of using night vision?

Update:

After being fully charged. Thanks.

Update 2:

It's brand new. Thanks. :)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No. That sounds like the camcorder that's always used in the Outlast video game series. Take it back to the store, or if it's too long past purchase then buy a new battery or throw it out and get a new camera.

• 4 months ago

No. Get a Bell & Howell Night Vision HD 1080p camcorder it continuosly runs for 10 hours while you are charging it. But I think only for the life of the battery which is about 1 1/2 hours other wise.

• 5 months ago

If you didn't fully charge the battery, that is your problem. Fully charge it, wait until the charging light turns GREEN or goes out, and then it won't die unexpectedly. Maybe consider investing in a second battery just in case, and use an external charger too. I use two camcorders, and both have external chargers (due to a glitch, that stopped it from charging the battery when I connected the charger to the camera itself).

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No try charging the battery if not see if the battery charger is broken, or the battery is gone out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Something is defective.

• John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I agree. Something must be wrong if the battery was truly fully charged. Take the whole outfit back to the store and complain.

• 6 months ago

New battery, what does that mean today? I suspect it could be a dud one. Did ya buy it orf a market stall M85? ;-(

• 6 months ago

If a fully charged battery is being discharged that quickly something's going to get very hot! Assuming that's not happening I'd replace the battery.

• 6 months ago

unless there is a short in the night vision somehow it should not reduce normal battery life more than say 50% (thats a MASSIVE reduction in power)

something is physically wrong with either the batteries or the camcorder

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. Way too quick either way.

• 6 months ago

that doesnt sound normal, maybe the battery is worn out, just not holding a charge. How old is the camcorder?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.