Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Should I be worried about stomach cancer? (Please read below)?

For the past few months, I’ve been dealing with a sudden onset of chronic acid reflux. It constantly feels like there’s food stuck in my throat. I get the burning feel in my esophagus in stomach. My stomach is very sensitive and feels bloated. I’m scheduled for an upper GI endoscopy on July 26th; what concerns me is today I noticed three moles develop across my abdomen. I’ve never had moles; they appear normal in size, shape and color, but I’m an anxious person, so it was cause for alarm. Maybe it doesn’t seem likely but could that be a sign of some sort of cancer spreading? I’m not looking for a diagnosis. All I ask of is an informed opinion. I’m really scared and could use some help. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

yes and no..

yes because chronic gastric acid reflux can lead to cancer, if it is left untreated or under-managed for years and years.. Stomach and Oesophageal cancers often happen to people who procrastinate, delay treatment & management or dismiss the symptoms for years and years.. and this is where your Anxiety and your worrying nature can play in your favour to have the symptoms checked out early than most care-free people out there who would prefer to sit on these symptoms for years and years until it simmers and eventually leads to stomach and oesophageal cancers.. you have to be extremely extremely unlucky to have the cancer diagnosis without years and years of constant heart-burn and constant difficulty in swallowing solid food..

and no.. because the probable causes of Dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing) especially for solid food are too many and far too diverse, and cancers (malignant tumours) happens to be rare and uncommon UNLESS you had a previous history of cancers, like lung or pancreatic cancer..

the 3 moles across the abdomen is unlikely to be related.. and most malignant moles (skin cancers) occur over exposed areas of the skin to the sun (the arms, face, neck etc..).. so unless you walk all day in the sun with your tummy exposed for extended amounts of hours per day, it is highly unlikely.. and they often appear angry with pain, tender (pain on touch) and surrounded with red warm borders..

you can share your mole problem with your treating doctor, but it is highly unlikely to be a cancer-related..

• Grace

Eating pickles could help

Go back to your family doctor.

• Tavy

No chance. I have AR and take Nexium every day to reduce it. Moles do not just appear they are usually there from a young age. these sounds like spots, not moles.