I want to know if I can leave the roof and doors off my jeep overnight at the beach.?

It's not really a question of whether or not my stuff will be secure because I don't leave anything of value in my car and the only things that I do leave inside are in the glove box or in the center console which are locked. I am asking because I feel like since I am at the beach and the air is super salty I am worried that the cloth seats will get salty and gross. It is a brand new jeep and I don't really feel like ruining the seats just yet. I know that I could just put the doors and roof on every night before I go to sleep but that is a lot of work to do every day and the whole point of having a jeep is because the doors and roof do come off and it is fun and everything.

Basically, I just want to know if leaving the roof and doors off for a while will make my seats all salty and gross.

Depends on humidity levels as difference in temperature might have your interior get wet due to condensation

Many people leave the doors and top off all summer, some even year-round.

If you are worried about corrosion, make sure you get it washed regularly.

Another good idea is to coat the chassis with something like Fluid Film.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/the-end-all-flu...

• JetDoc

Unless you're parking where sea water can splash directly onto the seats, it's not a big concern, but you can always get some cheap seat covers and put them over your seats to keep them clean. Seat covers will also help keep your car's upholstery from fading in the sun if you leave it out with the top off during the day.

• bo

the other thing to think of is will still be there in the morning

• arther

get a cover to put over it if possible one or 2 days as long as it doesn't rain probably wont hurt it unless a bird drops past.

As long as you are not parked close enough to the ocean to allow sea water spray to enter the vehicle it should be fine. You might consider that it may rain and get your seats wet. Your call.