Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelGermanyOther - Germany · 8 months ago

Can you please explain this part of a travel health insurance? (Germany)?

The following benefits are reimbursable:

Expenses for outpatient medical and dental treatment up to 2.3 times the rate of either the Physician Fee Schedule (GOÄ) or Dentist Fee Schedule (GOZ) valid in Germany; or up to 1.8times the rate in case of benefits pursuant to paragraph A, E or O of the GOÄ; or up to 1.15 times the rate in case of benefits pursuant to paragraph M and number 437 of the GOÄ.

Thank you very much!

I am not German, I am a student tourist. Please explain it step by step. Thanks!

For example, if I feel "unwell" and go to the doctor and he says let's do a blood test. Will it be covered? (the appointment and the test). Thank you

Favorite Answer

Yes. In short and in everyday language it means "if you are lucky enough to bypass all the exclusions listed below in paragraphs A, E or O, you will be reimbursed the cost of medical or dental treatment up to a limit of 2.3 of the rate set out in the GOA Physician Fee Schedule, or GOA Dentist Fee Schedule".

• denise8 months agoReport

For example, if I feel "unwell" and go to the doctor and he says let's do a blood test. Will it be covered? (the appointment and the test). Thanks