LGBT: Did it take you awhile to get religion out of your system?

What are some tips that you could give me to try to release religion’s power?

Why would I want to get religion out of my system? I love Jesus and I want the Salvation he offers me.

• Bill

LGBT people are more religious than straights or at least believe the same as straights

Pity your pea brain cannot see that

This may come as a surprise to you guys, but

I now have faith that Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior lives and I for one know He has saved me in some of my darkest times. At least once.

But I am not a Christian. And never have been. I went to an xtian pre-school and that was enough for me.

Religion is a means of control and man-made rules with the front of (alleged) divine authority.

You can have Faith without Religion and the path to Salvation is still a mystery. God's the judge when our time comes.

I was never particularly religious.

Some LGBT people are religion. I'm queer and irreligious, and it didn't take me a while to realize that the existence of any deity is unknown or unknowable.

• A.J.

Some gay people are religious, and nothing says they have to be in a sect that talks nasty about LGBTQ.

Personally, I'm gay and atheist, but the two are independent. I've been gay, and dropped religion as I became educated in the sciences.