Why is America so obsessed with the LGBTQ subject?

I am not anti-LGBTQ at all. I am not mean to these people and I would not deny them rights. What I am wondering is why is this subject one of the biggest subjects. It is Pride Month. There are commercials every day of "I am gay and I am an organ donor" "I am lesbian and I am a blood donor",... show more I am not anti-LGBTQ at all. I am not mean to these people and I would not deny them rights. What I am wondering is why is this subject one of the biggest subjects. It is Pride Month. There are commercials every day of "I am gay and I am an organ donor" "I am lesbian and I am a blood donor", "I am a trans individual and I need a kidney". It is one that shows there are LGBTQ people who need organs or give organs.

Meanwhile, I went to a sport event tonight and it was LGBTQ Night so the drag queen came out for the coin toss.

I hear LGBTQ was one of the biggest talked about issues at the debate tonight (I didn't want it).

My question is why do we talk about it instead of just letting people be whatever orientation they want. Why do straight people not bring it up much but gay people talk non-stop about it? Again, I am not anti-gay at all, my question is why do we talk so much about it? What rights are gay and lesbian people denied in the 2010s? Marriage is now legal in 50 states for same-sex couples. Why an entire month dedicated to gay rights?

Why is LGBTQ talked about so much and so much more then hetrosexual behavior? Why is there not Heterosexual Night at sport events and Hetrosexual Pride Month?