Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

Am I allowed to remove and destroy political signs from my yard if I (the property owner) did not give them permission to be put out?

Favorite Answer

I would pull up the signs and then contact the candidate with arrangements as to when he can come and pick up his signs within x amount of days before you throw them away.

Your a troll and you can take signs off your own yard and trash it if you want to..

Are you the LL and a tenant put them up? Then tell them to take them down. If someone else put them up on your property without permission, take them down.

You can remove them but not destroy them. You contact the campaign and let them know they were put there illegally and you took them down. If they want them back, they will say so and then they can make arrangements with you to pick them up.

• PAMELA

Yes you are, if they are on your property.

• Athena

Of course you can.

Free Speech does not mean I can commandeer YOUR yard for MY political stand.

• Nuff Sed

Land ownership also does not mean you get to destroy anything put there without your permission.

In my nation, yes. You can also inform the cops that people have been trespassing on your land.

Once upon a time when my spouse was running for office, I put the opponent's sign in the yard of the clubhouse of an outlaw motorcycle gang.

Nothing is at it appears

yes..............

Yes, absolutely. They have no right to post them on "your" property without permission from you. Throw them in the garbage if you wish.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
    • Nuff Sed

Destroying other peoples' property can get you sued if not also arrested. Good advice!

Yes, IF they are on your property