Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

Am I allowed to remove and destroy political signs from my yard if I (the property owner) did not give them permission to be put out?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I would pull up the signs and then contact the candidate with arrangements as to when he can come and pick up his signs within x amount of days before you throw them away.

• 5 months ago

Your a troll and you can take signs off your own yard and trash it if you want to..

• 5 months ago

Are you the LL and a tenant put them up? Then tell them to take them down. If someone else put them up on your property without permission, take them down.

• 5 months ago

You can remove them but not destroy them. You contact the campaign and let them know they were put there illegally and you took them down. If they want them back, they will say so and then they can make arrangements with you to pick them up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes you are, if they are on your property.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Of course you can.

Free Speech does not mean I can commandeer YOUR yard for MY political stand.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Land ownership also does not mean you get to destroy anything put there without your permission.

• 5 months ago

In my nation, yes. You can also inform the cops that people have been trespassing on your land.

Once upon a time when my spouse was running for office, I put the opponent's sign in the yard of the clubhouse of an outlaw motorcycle gang.

Nothing is at it appears

• 5 months ago

yes..............

• 5 months ago

Yes, absolutely. They have no right to post them on "your" property without permission from you. Throw them in the garbage if you wish.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Destroying other peoples' property can get you sued if not also arrested. Good advice!

• 5 months ago

Yes, IF they are on your property

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.