Stream 4K on a Blu Ray app?

I have a blu Ray player that allows you to stream from apps such as Netflix and Vudu. I was wondering if it would stream in 4K as I also have a 4K tv.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • opurt
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The Blu-Ray player itself would have to support 4K output, and the app it's running would also have to support 4K. It doesn't need to be able to play 4K Blu-Rays but it does need the software and hardware to handle 4K in general.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

If the programs are presented in 4k, you can get that. If the programs are not 4k, the TV will not make them 4k.

• 7 months ago

Look for 4K and HDR channels on YouTube if you have the app. If the player doesn't have the app, it may still have a browser.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yes. If you're streaming from an app on your DVD player it doesn't matter if the DVD player is 4K or not, as long as your TV is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

It would still have to be a "4k" model.

• 7 months ago

It helps to know what Blu-Ray player you have. There isn't only one Blu-Ray player model in existence, you know. Read the spec sheet. It will tell you what it can stream as well as quality. Of course, even if you have a 4K tv, but not a 4k-capable player, then you won't be able to see 4K content.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

In streaming, you need a data rate of 16000 kbps ~7 GB per hour

Is this high speed ethernet or attempting is wireless?

Wireless probably keeps pausing.

Even decent ethernet needs a fast data flow.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.