Better Singer: Kurt Cobain or Jon Bon Jovi?

Favorite Answer

Jon Bon Jovi is better

Jon Bon Jovi's the better technical singer; more range, more control of his voice, etc. But the strength of Cobain's voice was always in the amount of emotion it conveyed; anger, sorrow, what have you.

So it's more a question of preference: do you prefer a singer with range, vibrato and control, or a singer whose voice basically wears its heart on its sleeve? For me, it's a case of apples and oranges. It would make more sense to pit them against artists similar to themselves. Like Bon Jovi vs Joe Elliott, or Kurt Cobain vs Dave Grohl.

Considering one of them is dead, gotta go with Jon Bon Salami on this one.

Kurt was a good songwriter, but never much of a singer. Jon was singing professionally 20 years before Kurt, and kept singing 20 years after him. It's really not much of a fair comparison, when you think about it.

Kurts a legend man...he has brought grunge to the world

• Steve

I think it is Jon Bon Jovi, but I think ones answer has greatly to do with the era of music they grew up in. I grew up in the 80s.

As unpopular as this opinion might be, I really think How You Remind Me is one of the best songs ever written so I'm gonna have to give this one to Kurt Cobain.

• Jon11 months agoReport

Uhh..or are u reffering to Nickelback?

kurt cobain's delivery was fantastic and engaging, he wasn't the best note hitter, didn't have the best vocal range and didn't annunciation his words but none of that actually matters. his singing is the reason people think he's a good lyricist and i don't mean because of the lack of annunciation, inane BS sounds deep coming from him.

bon jovi's delivery is cheesy and dated, he is a good note hitter, he does have vocal range, but none of that actually matters. his singing is the reason people think he's an unsophisticated lyricist. it is the reason no one remembers a single bon jovi lyric that wasn't part of a chorus.

Kurt Cobain by far

I'm gonna go with Jon, because he had more range. I never really thought that Kurt was a good singer, really

Jon Bob Jovi has a better range in his voice

• audrey

Kurt Cobain.........