promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Better Singer: Kurt Cobain or Jon Bon Jovi?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Jon Bon Jovi is better

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Jon Bon Jovi's the better technical singer; more range, more control of his voice, etc. But the strength of Cobain's voice was always in the amount of emotion it conveyed; anger, sorrow, what have you.

So it's more a question of preference: do you prefer a singer with range, vibrato and control, or a singer whose voice basically wears its heart on its sleeve? For me, it's a case of apples and oranges. It would make more sense to pit them against artists similar to themselves. Like Bon Jovi vs Joe Elliott, or Kurt Cobain vs Dave Grohl.

• 11 months ago

Considering one of them is dead, gotta go with Jon Bon Salami on this one.

Kurt was a good songwriter, but never much of a singer. Jon was singing professionally 20 years before Kurt, and kept singing 20 years after him. It's really not much of a fair comparison, when you think about it.

• 11 months ago

Kurts a legend man...he has brought grunge to the world

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Steve
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

I think it is Jon Bon Jovi, but I think ones answer has greatly to do with the era of music they grew up in. I grew up in the 80s.

• 11 months ago

As unpopular as this opinion might be, I really think How You Remind Me is one of the best songs ever written so I'm gonna have to give this one to Kurt Cobain.

• Jon11 months agoReport

Uhh..or are u reffering to Nickelback?

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

kurt cobain's delivery was fantastic and engaging, he wasn't the best note hitter, didn't have the best vocal range and didn't annunciation his words but none of that actually matters. his singing is the reason people think he's a good lyricist and i don't mean because of the lack of annunciation, inane BS sounds deep coming from him.

bon jovi's delivery is cheesy and dated, he is a good note hitter, he does have vocal range, but none of that actually matters. his singing is the reason people think he's an unsophisticated lyricist. it is the reason no one remembers a single bon jovi lyric that wasn't part of a chorus.

• 12 months ago

Kurt Cobain by far

• 12 months ago

I'm gonna go with Jon, because he had more range. I never really thought that Kurt was a good singer, really

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Jon Bob Jovi has a better range in his voice

• audrey
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Kurt Cobain.........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.