Should I go to the emergency room for a ear infection?

So here’s the deal, I’ve had an ear infection for about 2 and a half weeks now and it’s progressively gotten way worse. The doctor prescribed me antibiotics 10 days ago which haven’t done anything, so I went back this morning and got new antibiotics and ear drops. I took the new antibiotics and used the ear drops... show more So here’s the deal, I’ve had an ear infection for about 2 and a half weeks now and it’s progressively gotten way worse. The doctor prescribed me antibiotics 10 days ago which haven’t done anything, so I went back this morning and got new antibiotics and ear drops. I took the new antibiotics and used the ear drops about 4 hours ago and I’m still in intense amounts of pain, probably a 8 on the pain scale. I’m debating whether to actually go to the emergency room or not because this ear infection is also making my neck and head hurt as well. Would the emergency room actually be able to do anything though or should I just wait it out and see, because I have a follow up appointment on Friday again, but I’m not sure I can wait that long.
8 answers 8