Infinity asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 6 months ago

Isn't it overwhelmingly more important that the U.S economy flourish than deportations be conducted in a more humane manner?

Democrats have been harping about the inhumane treatment towards migrants for so long that I don't even feel bad for them anymore. Do Democrat political strategists actually believe they can guilt trip people into voting for Democrats?

Trump's economic policy has provided more opportunities for Americans than any other time in history. Isn't it silly to act as though the plight of illegal aliens outweighs this? What it comes down to is Obama had 0 percent Fed interest rates, yet main street grew slowly. North Dakota had a 4.9 percent unemployment rate when the national average had double. North Dakota is a red state. Therefore Republican policies work.

The public university in Wyoming has a $1 billion endowment. That's more than any other public university in the country. Many public universities in blue states and swing states don't even have endowments. Yet, the tuition costs of these "progressive" states are an order of magnitude more.

If it weren't for the medias downplaying conservative achievements, would they be a lot more popular? Will conservatives ever get the credit they deserve?

My State is the worst of the worst. North Carolina!

A false choice. We can do both.

• Oiy

Humanitarian has own standard internationally. It does not depend on the GDP of the country. Just look around.

I say we give them a court date then take them back over the border on nice, soft, air-conditioned buses.

Flawed logic. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Try again...

• Infinity

The conservative carrot is more persuasive than the Democrat stick.

It is not a question of either, you can have both.

Whatever

How that is " an either or issue" is beyond reason -- but these days , I think I expect too much of the contributors to this site .

If you come here illegally then don't complain about how you are treated. If you drag your three old child through a merciless desert, then I have no sympathy for you and that kid should be separated from you.

Well...couldn't you make exactly the same argument about the silly wall?