What has value? Convince me what has value?

Favorite Answer

Everything that people want has value. If it didn't have value nobody would want it. Everything that people pay for, or work for, is as valuable as what they are willing to pay for in cash, labor, trade, or sacrifice. Value is not intrinsic, but exists within the mind subjectively, and varies depending on in whose mind it exists.

Convinced? If not, I'd be curious as to why.

• Tony5 months agoReport

Value can exist in the mind and can be intrinsic i.e. pleasure :)

........................

The idea that nothing has value obviously has value to you or you wouldn't keep asking.

The only real value is the necessity of survivability. In other words what keeps us alive be that interaction with other life or objects (food, water, shelter, communication). Anything outside of necessity is merely a mental evaluation of self importance or illusion (money, status, purpose).

What has no real value, who has value

Whatever it is you assign value to.

Your name is the most Valuable item you have...by it you can finance your life or can destroy your life in the county law hands and most important, your name must be in the Book of Life to keep God from judging you out of your life's book for when he hears your name is in the Book of Life that book will disappear and its never be accounted against you again.....So I say live with Honor and protect your name for it has way more value than what you think....

What value (to me) will convincing you of what has value... to me.

Do I need to convince you why 94.6 billion US dollars has a value? You're a twatt

• Tony5 months agoReport

so what you're saying is play the lottery?

What type of value?

Economic value has anything that a community agrees is rare enough to be valuable.

Sentimental value has anything that is somehow associated personally or emotionally with a person.

Etc.

You cannot think of any item that could fit in the above categories by yourself?

Economic value has a bar of gold.

Sentimental value has a family heirloom for said family.

Etc.

I understand your intentions perfectly fine. I simply can't be bothered to to humor them by debating such topics from a philosophical point of view on such a site. It would take too much time and effort for too little reward. I suggest singing up on an actual philosophy forum/discussion website or downloading and reading some philosophy books/articles.

I am only trying to help you. You will get better formulated and thought-out answers on a website where people have an interest in debating such things or in an actual philosophy book, but if you want to waste your time waiting to be enlightened by the great minds of Yahoo Answers, be my guest.