Loud Pop from inside my pc?

So i was sat there playing on xbox with my PC on and suddenly there was a loud pop which sounded like it came from the PC. The pc never turned off or anything but i give it a quick look through the pane on the side and i see that my GPU fans arnt spinning so i go to msi afterburner put that fan speed up to see if they will start spinning and they do. i still have a signal and everything still works fine. what could the pop have been and should i stop using my pc?

Favorite Answer

A loud pop is usually a capacitor bursting, most likely in the power supply. It wouldn't necessarily fail right away, but it's something to keep an eye on. If you can determine that it did come from the power supply, then yes, you should stop using it until you get a replacement.

Exploding failed electrolytic capacitor in some power supply. You will soon have more problems.

• P

Look for a burnt out or a bloated capacitor on the motherboard and power supply. The power supply can be harder to inspect, but you can often see enough if you use a flash light through the ventilation slats.

Perhaps something fell into the fan and stopped it?