Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 8 months ago

My son shot a bird at his friend's house?

My son's friend recently got a BB gun. I told him that his friend is trouble, but he ignored me and went over anyway. His other friend told me he was there, so I drove over to the house and saw my son and the kid. Hr bailed, but not before calling my son "killer". There were cats gathering behind my son, and I told him to move over. I saw the cats eating a dead bird. My son has misbehaved before, but I usually punish him. He is only ten. Is it too early to give up on him?

• bubba
    Favorite Answer

the simpsons did it !!!!!

Are you too old to learn- no and No you are not giving up. However be careful to not believe every accusation against your son let him explain what happened. Appeal to his sense of honor and he will not want to disappoint you and you likely will not even need to punish him. Help him to empathize with the life of the bird that now is forever gone.

Don’t let him play with that boy. If I were you, I would only allow him to play with him at YOUR house and not his. Clearly his parents don’t care and are carefree and rude

If I was the parent of your son, I would not let him play with him at all, but your choice

NEVER give up on your child.

• jimmy

Never give up on your son, even good kids make mistakes. We used to "hunt" small birds and squirrels all the time at that age, it doesn't make him bad, or evil or anything. I would talk to him about it, but I wouldn't worry unless it starts happening often.

Send him to a cathouse and they’ll give him a good blòwjob. That’ll teach the little fùcker.