Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 months ago

Does this make me a pathetic person?

I consider myself a highly intelligent person. However, I cannot fit into the ultra-competive nature of this nation. Corporate America is crazy. Because of my medical issues, working more than 30 hours per week wears me out. College was too fast paced for me and I certainly don't want to drive through 2 hours of LA traffic get to a job I can't handle. I'd rather just get a job as a

cashier near home and save all the stress. Your thoughts? Bonus question: do you know of any ways to work from home?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Stoo
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Working from home with no particular skills doesn't happen, at least without being a MLM scam or the like.

Why live in LA? Perhaps you just need to be somewhere else that moves at a slower pace.

You're free to make whatever life choices you want, but they all have consequences. If you want to be a cashier at a local store, great, do so. Just don't complain that you don't have a McMansion and three BMWs in the garage, because you won't unless you marry rich. Will you be happier that way? Depends what makes you happy. Some people find this a perfectly satisfactory life.

• Tony5 months agoReport

with library stock like three dvd boxset one with seals who get with dna based, gone chaity shop 203-07 new home's , if anyone read don't let happer to you, got I miss my old self I us know where I was

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Selling weed is lucrative if it’s not legal where you live

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, yes it does. And the fact that you won't stop asking it makes it worse.

• 6 months ago

Does anyone else consider you a highly intelligent person?

I really don't care what you do. Just don't expect me to pay your way. If you want to live the lifestyle of a cashier, that is just fine. But you don't get to live off of my tax money an be a rock star.

I see a person who overestimates his intelligence, and lacks motivation. I suspect that is what most people see when they look at you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jerome
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I been left the corporate world.

Now I have managers atleast 2 tell me they wish tgey could do the same. It's too stressful. I sensed one was jealous. Even though I receive less pay, clout, prestige, etc.

Both were younger than me and no longer with the company.

My poor stress free self is moving along stress free.

You dont have enough money to make me go back to that bs world.

• 6 months ago

Leftists chronically and habitually overestimate their " intelligence " .

I suspect you are one of them .

Aside from the overestimation of your intellect , the lack of motivation and ambition are dead giveaways .

• Gungy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

"I consider myself a highly intelligent person." -> "do you know of any ways to work from home?"

Well, use your declared high intelligence and web research 'work from home' opportunities..

• 6 months ago

Yes it does sorry about that

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Everyone considers themselves a highly intelligent person lol. Get a job as a cashier if that's what you want to do. Are there no jobs near where you live? The surrounding areas of LA also have various businesses and positions available.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.