Does this make me a pathetic person?

I consider myself a highly intelligent person. However, I cannot fit into the ultra-competive nature of this nation. Corporate America is crazy. Because of my medical issues, working more than 30 hours per week wears me out. College was too fast paced for me and I certainly don't want to drive through 2 hours... show more I consider myself a highly intelligent person. However, I cannot fit into the ultra-competive nature of this nation. Corporate America is crazy. Because of my medical issues, working more than 30 hours per week wears me out. College was too fast paced for me and I certainly don't want to drive through 2 hours of LA traffic get to a job I can't handle. I'd rather just get a job as a
cashier near home and save all the stress. Your thoughts? Bonus question: do you know of any ways to work from home?