Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 months ago

Does this make me a pathetic person?

I consider myself a highly intelligent person. However, I cannot fit into the ultra-competive nature of this nation. Corporate America is crazy. Because of my medical issues, working more than 30 hours per week wears me out. College was too fast paced for me and I certainly don't want to drive through 2 hours of LA traffic get to a job I can't handle. I'd rather just get a job as a

cashier near home and save all the stress. Your thoughts? Bonus question: do you know of any ways to work from home?

• Stoo
    Favorite Answer

Working from home with no particular skills doesn't happen, at least without being a MLM scam or the like.

Why live in LA? Perhaps you just need to be somewhere else that moves at a slower pace.

You're free to make whatever life choices you want, but they all have consequences. If you want to be a cashier at a local store, great, do so. Just don't complain that you don't have a McMansion and three BMWs in the garage, because you won't unless you marry rich. Will you be happier that way? Depends what makes you happy. Some people find this a perfectly satisfactory life.

• Tony5 months agoReport

with library stock like three dvd boxset one with seals who get with dna based, gone chaity shop 203-07 new home's , if anyone read don't let happer to you, got I miss my old self I us know where I was

Selling weed is lucrative if it’s not legal where you live

Yes, yes it does. And the fact that you won't stop asking it makes it worse.

Does anyone else consider you a highly intelligent person?

I really don't care what you do. Just don't expect me to pay your way. If you want to live the lifestyle of a cashier, that is just fine. But you don't get to live off of my tax money an be a rock star.

I see a person who overestimates his intelligence, and lacks motivation. I suspect that is what most people see when they look at you.

• Jerome

I been left the corporate world.

Now I have managers atleast 2 tell me they wish tgey could do the same. It's too stressful. I sensed one was jealous. Even though I receive less pay, clout, prestige, etc.

Both were younger than me and no longer with the company.

My poor stress free self is moving along stress free.

You dont have enough money to make me go back to that bs world.

Leftists chronically and habitually overestimate their " intelligence " .

I suspect you are one of them .

Aside from the overestimation of your intellect , the lack of motivation and ambition are dead giveaways .

• Gungy

"I consider myself a highly intelligent person." -> "do you know of any ways to work from home?"

Well, use your declared high intelligence and web research 'work from home' opportunities..

Yes it does sorry about that

Everyone considers themselves a highly intelligent person lol. Get a job as a cashier if that's what you want to do. Are there no jobs near where you live? The surrounding areas of LA also have various businesses and positions available.