ashley asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

What is the purpose of my life?

I am 32 years old woman from Italy. I am still living with my parents. My dreams are hard to conquer, i wish i were born in U.S.A, I wish i could live abroad. Unfortunately, I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. That means being unable to properly plan things, set valid goals, stay motivated and having physical energies. Yes I failed to achieve my dreams and now I live with my parents. I do not want to work where i live cause all the jobs are in the town and waking up a 6 a.m makes me heavily sick, for real. I also do not want to get married and do not want kids, I have 0 friends. I also happen to be very introvert and spending time with others it always feels like compromising and faking. I search for my purpose but it seems no were to be found, and no I do not believe in god. What should i do with my life? I know you may suggest trying new things, but i already have a few things i like, I just don't feel driven enough. If my life would end in a month i would just be relieved of all the pain i will be spared, and for sure enjoying the last days worry-free. To make things worse i also hate the part of the country in which i currently live, people are closed-minded, mainly uneducated and mediocre. I got used to be alone, and even when i do something fun and try hard to enjoy it and be grateful for it, it just Nha... I lost the spark.

You say you failed to achieve your dreams, but you also say your dreams are (not "were"!) hard to conquer. So, are they still your dreams? If so, that's where your purpose lies, if anywhere.

My sweet lady you need to update your life. ( you don't believe in God, you don't want to have a family and you don't want to wake up early in the morning to go work, you have 0 friend?) How's life without God? your life, How's life without happiness ? your life, How's life without friends ? your life.

You are confused with your life because you have no goals and you dont want to get married. And you are an atheist (this is also why you have no goals).

I have been living longer than you (yes, I'm in my 40s). I have experienced and made many friends from different countries. I have lived abroad away from my parents house for about 7 years. I have worked many different jobs in two different countries. After all these years, I could say "the purpose of Life is to get the experience of being alive". Without these experience, life is boring like yours. Having a family of your own (with a husband and a baby) is also a life experience. Why would anyone not doing anything in life? to feel sorrow, to feel joy, to feel angry, to feel in love are the purpose of life. I wouldnt go further into any religion and God. But to experience life is the purpose of life.

Source(s): 40 year old man
  • Joe

You sound like someone who doesn't do a lot of reading. Go to the library and start reading books. Not crap cooks like Clancy but great books like To Kill a Mockingbird or Things Fall Apart. Start opening your horizons to how different people in different parts of the word live. You will slowly gain an appreciation of the human experience. Good luck !!!

Be the change you wish to see in the world all follow when you change your perspective. Like brings like so think lighter and brighter life with Anxiety and depression can make you feel hopeless and lost and on the verge of breaking down but take time to think on this I mean really ponder how would you like to see your world favor towards you. This is what it means to be open-minded remember light shines it's brightest in midst darkness yin yang factor.

I live in the USA and it's not good here. I'm 33 and in the same position and feelings as you. The USA is the land of discrimination, debt and diabetes. You don't want to live here.

It's seems much of your outlook on life is heavily affected by your mood. So I would first treat your depression and anxiety. Also, think positive it will improve your mood and outlook on life greatly. Some people can't do this no matter how hard they try. They need medication. I'm not a doctor and cannot tell you that for sure. PLEASE go get checked out by a mental health professional tell them everything you just told us. And follow up with what they tell you. Also I know you said you don't believe in God but I like the scripture at 1 Peter 5:7 it tells us to throw our anxieties onto God because he CARES for YOU. Hope that helps. Also, Instead of wishing you were born in the US (which isn't great, trust me, it's the same everywhere. Life is what you make it.)try enjoy what you have in Italy. I recently went to visit and some places are absolutely beautiful! Maybe try and get some fresh air, enjoy the sunlight and beautiful creation. Isolating yourself for so long is not good for you.

• ashley6 months agoReport

Thank you so much, I appreciate your point of view

The meaning of life is what we make of it and what we make of it shows who we are.

Do you know who you are?

What do you see when you look in the mirror?

What we see is called a reflection.

That means that you are a reflection of many things like your consciousness, feelings, desires, actions and much more.

So, If you care about your appearance then you should care about your actions because those actions will reflect upon your true reflection.

If you would like to look good do good things, if you would like to look amazing do amazing things and if you do not like to look ugly then you should not do ugly things. If you would like to look like a model then you need to be a good role model and when you become a good role model then you will look like one as well.

One day we will face the truth and we will have to live it. Please make sure that you can live with your actions because you will have to live with their reflection.

Our actions do add up and reflect. A+B=C (C as see)

You should be aware by now that your reflection is built on the principle of math.

Mathematical truth can be used for good or bad and in between those two choices is the principle of math.

The principle of math remains there at a neutral position of neither good or bad until our actions reflect upon it.

We can use that truth to build something beautiful and lasting or something that is in the opposite to that.

You are building your self with your actions.

Please make sure that you use truth when you build it otherwise what you are trying to build can collapse just like a house can collapse if it not built on truth (good foundation).

• ashley6 months agoReport

I will reflect upon your words, thanks

It’s not so great here in U.S. either. Lots of greedy, uneducated peasants who will rob you blind even if you’re married to them and incompetent , greedy and psychopathic doctors and shrinks who team up with Pig Pharma to make you sicker than you started out. Stay where you are or move to Spain or Canada, maybe France or Germany, but not Trump’s America or anybody’s America. This country’s finished. ‘American Dream’ ended decades ago. You’re a little bit behind the times sorry. Try some CBD oil if you can get it in Italy or some high CBD/low THC medical cannabis if you can get it for the depression etc. Maybe St.John’s Wort... Don’t even bother with the Pig Pharma prescription psych drugs. They’ll kill you.

• ashley6 months agoReport

In a way we love U.S in Europe based on what we see in movies: everybody rich and everything great. Yes tv does not always tell the truth but when you are overfed with an image you tend to lose track of reality. thanks for your feedback.

The purpose of life is to get through it.

Afterwards you'll get Heaven or a hole in the ground.

I hope you are getting help for depression and anxiety.