Are you suppose to always be fertile after period ? Please read?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for one year but no luck . Ive already been to the doctor but there no issues at all so I just forgot it and took a break ,now we are back trying to conceive . I learned to track my ovulation and fertility with an ovulation predictor by clear blue , it worked last month literally 5 days after my period it was telling I was fertile or ovulated for about 5 days Straight but didn’t get pregnant . So I’m trying them again this month but what’s weird is I’ve already past 5 days since my period and not even a close sign of being fertile . Is it always different ? I’ve also been taking pregnitude this month for The first time and wondering if that is effecting anything or maybe it’ll make me ovulate later than usual ? I’m not sure but my cycles have been every 21 days usually . Thank you !

Yes my husband has been tested as well

• Pippin

21 day cycles are very short. And would mean that you ovulate around cycle day 7, give or take a couple of days. Which again, is earlier than is typically seen.

And -- as John said, if you've been trying for over a year, your husband also needs to be tested.

If he's fine -- then you would need more testing to try and pin down exactly what might be wrong. (Or, sometimes, couples are just unlucky and need to try a little longer.)

• John P

Did your doctor not ask also to test your husband? Fertility is not just a matter of the female being able to have a baby, the male product has to work too.

If you have been trying for a year after you saw the doctor then your husband too should be tested. And conception does not happen "straight away" for every couple, even if you are both fertile and seem to be doing all the right things at the right times.

Good luck - it will happen soon.