when does the doctor ask if you re sexually active?

will the doctor ask if im sexually active if i want to get on the pill (i am doing it to regulate my period, not for birth control and my parents dont know i do it with my under age bf)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The doctor will probably ask you, but he really doesn't care - not as far as your morals are concerned. He wants to know if you're sexually active so that he'll know if he needs to check to see that you're not infected with an STD.

He's not interested in the age of the person you're having sex with. Don't ever lie to your doctor about anything he asks you - always answer truthfully. . Doctors can spot a patient who's lying to them a mile away.

• 5 months ago

Yes, of course. If the problem is that your periods are very irregular, he or she will want to consider better options to solve the problem.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yeah they'll ask but you can just lie and say no. It's not like they are going to interrogate you about it.

• 5 months ago

At a normal check up normally (that’s when they asked me)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Why are you sexually abusing underage bf?

• 5 months ago

There's no need to lie! A doctor cannot reveal your medical information to your parents. And of course you'll tell him you only want the contraceptive pill, for period regulation, because that's a legitimate use of it, and your doctor should be told if your periods are irregular anyway. Don't behave in a foolish way with doctors. They have a sixth sense about who is being truthful, anyway.

• 5 months ago

If you asked to be tested for STD's.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The doctor will not ask you any questions about your sex life in front of your parents. When a teen visits the doctor for ANY reason, there will almost always be some private time with the doctor or nurse, where the teen can address issues or concerns she would be uncomfortable talking about in front of a parent.

Though really, unless your periods are dramatically irregular, (which your parents would already know ...) if you asked a parent to take you to the doctor for birth control -- she has probably guessed or suspected that you are having sex.

• 5 months ago

When he’s hoping to shag you?

• 5 months ago

The doctor will normally ask about your sexual activity if you enquire about going on the pill. They will not judge you but they need to know the full relevant facts to offer you the best treatment and the best advice. They will not tell anyone else what you tell them.

There are alternatives to the pill that may be suitable or, if your periods are a real problem, they may suggest that you take the pill (or an alternative) without a break each month so you do not have any periods. Periods are not necessary and you would not be harmed by preventing them until you are ready. Women given this option tend to choose to have a period a few times a year but it is not necessary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.