FOR GIRLS: What to wear to this meeting? Modest/ not so modest?

In three days I have to go to a meeting for my schools yearbook club. It’s not a long meeting - only an hour - but I’m not sure what to wear. At school we have uniforms so I don’t have to worry about this type of stuff, but it’s off of school campus. The teacher is pretty laid back but not the wear-sweatpants-to-school-type. Is it ok to wear a tank top? Should I wear short sleeves at least? Pants? Shorts? A sundress? Help!

Favorite Answer

Depends on where the meeting is, but I would wear longer shorts and a short sleeve shirt, you could wear a tank top if it had bigger straps and was not too revealing.

• D50

So, this is a "business meeting," right? So wear informal clothes like grownups might wear to work on Friday. Slacks or modest shorts, polo shirt or some other top that covers you the same way. Sandals but not flip-flops. Probably not too different from your school uniform actually, but not "uniform."

• Marla

Sundress seems appropriate. You can pair it with nice sandals and take a light sweater in case the room is cold.

• Jerry

It's usually better to err on the side of dressing too formally rather than on the side of dressing too informally. Being overdressed is merely a harmless mistake. Being underdressed is disrespectful and insulting to others. I suggest a short sleeve top and lightweight pants. Or a dress that is at least knee length. And be sure your belly, butt, and boobs are covered up. Don't wear an ensemble that exposes your upper butt every time you bend over or sit down, that excites the gentlemen every time you lean forward.

• kristy

Tank top and jeans shorts

Just do not show up looking like you just got off duty at the red light district so yes modest No tank top.

I'd wear something kind of casual but not too informal. If it's really hot then a nice tank top could be fine. You can always go with short sleeves if you want to play it safe though. For bottoms as long as it isn't too short it'll probably be fine. You can try asking other people going to the meeting as I'm sure they're wondering about what to wear as well

maybe wear a casual unlabeled shirt that isn't too exposing. and a pair of jeans and gym shoes