Are managers responsible for bed bug treatments or are tenants?

I feel like my mom's manager just didn't want to pay for the bed bug heat treatment which costed $1,200 and she just blamed my mom for introducing the bed bugs. My mom is in a wheelchair and had a stroke, she doesn't go out a lot and has no reason to go out unless it's for grocery shopping and when... show more I feel like my mom's manager just didn't want to pay for the bed bug heat treatment which costed $1,200 and she just blamed my mom for introducing the bed bugs. My mom is in a wheelchair and had a stroke, she doesn't go out a lot and has no reason to go out unless it's for grocery shopping and when she does go out it's if her caretaker or me take her out. That's literally all she goes out for. Her left side of her body is paralysed and she doesn't do much anymore. The only other people who go in and out of the apartment is me, my little brother and my mom's care provider. My little brother was still going to HS when we started getting bed bug bites and signs of infestation. He graduated in June of this year. I don't go out too often but when I do it's because I go to eat, grocery shopping or go the movies. I don't really go to other people's house & didn't go out until AFTER I found signs of bed bug bites already on me. I could see how we have probably introduced the bed bugs in to the apartment BUT without PROOF of intro ducing them in to the apartment I feel it was wrong for the manager to make my mom pay for the $1,200 heat treatment! Her apartment complex has mice, roaches, spiders, and other really bizarre looking insects! I feel like other apartment units could have had them and it just spread to my mom's unit! Why did she put the whole $1,200 on my mom's tab? Is there anything I could do about this? It feels so unfair?!
Update: Oh also she has housing and has lived here for over a year already. June marking the exact 1 year residency.
Update 2: I know who is responsible for bed bug treatments, I'm just saying was it fair for the manager to put the whole $1,200 on my mom's tab without having proof other than saying "we didn't have bed bugs before you moved in."??? I feel like my mom is being taken advantage of! Is there anything I... show more I know who is responsible for bed bug treatments, I'm just saying was it fair for the manager to put the whole $1,200 on my mom's tab without having proof other than saying "we didn't have bed bugs before you moved in."??? I feel like my mom is being taken advantage of! Is there anything I could to help her??? She is living off of social security income and that barely lasts from month to month with rent, electricity & gas, food, and especially her medical need & supplies!