94 225 2stroke Yamaha blowing blue smoke an oil out the exhaust and running ruff cleared up for an hour ran great an started doing it again?

Check the float needle and seat in the carb. It might not be shutting off the fuel when the float bowl is full.

There is too much oil being mixed with the gasoline or the engine is worn out. One or the other. Try changing the spark plug which I doubt will help but worth a try.

• don r

Replace the spark plug and check the gas/oil mix ratio is correct. Make sure the choke is off.

The blue smoke is burning oil

The only sources of oil on your bike are;

1. From the gas tank. Long shot but if you are still using the auto-oil injection, don't add oil to the tank. I know people who did that.

2. From the 2-T oil tank. Check the adjustment of the cable to the 2-T oil pump. It is a two stage pump that operates at gearbox speed and also by cable. The idea is if the engine is spinning but you have no throttle (coasting) or if you use a lot of throttle at low revs (accelerating) the motor gets oiled. There is some overlap and it's possible the motor gets over oiled at times. The oil delivery stroke is adjustable by a cable spliced into the throttle cable. Follow it to the oil pump and check the oil pump stroke is within spec.

3. Gearbox. Although usually entirely separate from the cranksgaft (unlike a 4-T) and using it's own oil, the gearbox oil can bypass the crankshaft oil seals and be drawn into the combustion chamber. Crankshaft oil seals are cheap and easy to fit but the bad news is you have to drop the motor and split the cases. Check and monitor the gearbox oil level...

I would remove the exhaust and decoke it with caustic soda solution – careful this is dangerous stuff it will eat skin and eyes.

Maybe you've got gummy rings? Maybe the mixture is too rich on oil. It;s a 2-stroke. I would amend my advice to read 1)Drain the fuel and replace with accurately mixed mixture for you 2-stroke.

2) While running, pour brake fluid or transmission fluid slowly into the carburetor, keeping it running with the throttle. If it stalls you may need to clean the plug. All this treatment will cause the exhaust to give off billows of dense smoke which will make you popular in the neighborhood. But it will also clean up the engine.

3) Add CD-2 oil detergency package to your oil. This will clean up the rings.

If you're using the factory recommended amount. of oil? or if it has oil injection, That's what happens with 2 strokers, Is that a Blaster?

• bobby5 months agoReport

I have a factory oil pump that mixes it for me ran fine last year it started doing this when I started it first thing this year came back next day ran perfect even put it over board for an hour pulled it up to flush it an started all over again like before

• CB

Change the spark plug - that is the first thing you do when a 2 stroke gets rough and smokey.