Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

Would you dpend $3500 to save your dog?

I have a dog I love hat needs surgery for $3500 to save its life. The outlook is good afterwards. Just the cost is so high. I know this a forum pet lovers but what would the average person spend before its too much?

Yes! Whether I could afford it or not. (Other than my one dog, I would probably put him down if he was ever in need of a life saving surgery solely for the fact that hes scared of his own shadow and we were recommended to put him down anyway by a past vet because he doesnt get to experience much in life but we didnt find that fair when he does good in our home when it’s completely quiet)

Theres many ways to start a funding for money for surgeries ect. Nowadays thats most definitely what i would do. My dogs are family and if a costly surgery is going to help them then Im all for it. Theres also some vet offices that do a down payment and then monthly payments after that, theyre sort of hard to find but theyre out there.

sadly no

Source(s): No job homeless

Without a single doubt BUT I can afford it, have no one who depends on me to consider and IF it were necessary I would go without for him.

I do not have that kind of money. I am afraid I would have to have the dog euthanized. & using the Serenity Prayer, I have to accept the fact that there is nothing I can do to change things & I have to accept that fact. & do the only thing I could do for the dog. Stop it's suffering.

Yes, I would spend much more than that if it was going to save their life. They want to live too.

• GEEGEE

Yes assuming the outcome would be good, and the dog relatively young. In the early 90s I spent maybe 2K for surgery for a 2 year old cat I had. She lived to be 15.

vast differences in human nature exist....I remember once reading of the owner of a dog whose pet was running about area where trains occasionally passed, the dog was on the tracks when an oncoming train was imminent and that owner desperate to save his dog, probably thinking he had time, threw himself at the dog, saving the dog but losing his leg....people make decisions, sometimes instinctive, foolish sometimes but usually unthinking and out of great love,

• ron h

I've done that. And then the f ker died anyway. After he was miserable for months.

I have spent this on pets multiple times.

Yes I absolutely would as long as the prognosis is decent.