I want to get into EDM production and Djing, but I m not sure where I should start. I already have FL Studio. Do I try both?

I want to learn both equally as much. Also, any advice for a beginner would be great and a better place to ask edm questions in the future would also be great.

I like bass and future house a lot, but I also enjoy like the basic edm from people like martin garrix and other big festival headliners

And definitely Calvin Harris but he really blurs the lines between edm and other genres.

How about start from the beginning:

Jeff Mills, Carl Craig, Cybotron, Model 500, Baby Ford, Laurent Garner, Luke Vibert, Plug, Autechre, Aphex Twin, Black Dog Productions, Cylob, Plaid, Orbital, Ellen Alien, Reel By Real, Derrick May, Kevin Saunderson, Kraftwerk, Fresh (Dum Dum), Larry Heard, Mr Fingers, LTJ Bukem, Goldie, 4hero, Photek, Nookie, Omni Trio, Source Direct, Roni Size, Amon Tobin, Alec Empire, Chris Clark, Luke Slater, Basic Channel, Scorn, B12, U-Ziq, LFO (Frequencies), Dave Clarke, and many more.

EDM, which is just another name for what was known as Electronica or Techno in the 90s, which was refered to as Electronic in the 80s, has taken a dive in America. It has forgotten the face of its father.

Dont do that. Listen to the people who pioneered this schit. F1ck Ladytron or whoever the f1ck it is you kids listen to today.

Source(s): 8868
  • Henry

They have a lot of genres. EDM, house, electro, etc..